Looking for an excuse to get away? There is no time like the present. Get up, get out, and celebrate National Park Week. From April 15th through the 23rd, the National Park Service, in partnership with the National Park Foundation, will be hosting a variety of events including 4 days of free admission into the parks.
At nps.gov they have all the information you need to plan your visit and activities. Here is a snapshot of the agenda from their site:
- Plan your visit by what you want to do
- April 15–16 and 22–23: Visit for free! On these National Park Week weekends, every national park will give you free admission!
- April 15: Junior Ranger Day Calling kids of all ages! Earn a Junior Ranger badge at one of the many fun programs happening at parks across the country.
- April 22: Earth Day Join a volunteer project or simply enjoy the natural wonders and wildlife preserved in national parks.
- April 23: Park Rx Day Get healthy and active in a national park with a ranger-led program or with family and friends. Learn more about Park Rx Day.
“No traveler, whether a tree lover or not, will ever forget his first walk in a sugar-pine forest. The majestic crowns approaching one another make a glorious canopy, through the feathery arches of which the sunbeams pour, silvering the needles and gilding the stately columns and the ground into a scene of enchantment.” ~John Muir
Our National Parks are a treasure and, if you let them, can be a source of true happiness and well-being.
Ready to Wander? Go Find Your Park…
Be Forever Wandering But Not Lost. Discover Your Path! Follow our daily posts on Instagram at www.instagram.com/emersonwbnl/.